Saturday, July 19, 2008

good for the soul


I got to spend last Saturday night and all day Sunday with my dear friend Brene. It was so fun to "catch up," laugh and re-connect. Our visit included listening to her speak at a conference, selling books while she signed autographs, a visit to my new home, paloma blanca, hugs for Harrison, and a trip to La Cantera and Nordstroms. It was pretty darn near perfect.
Shaun took this funny angled picture of us. We love it!
Check Brene out at http://ordinarycourage.squarespace.com/my-blog/ You'll be glad you did.
We met waiting tables at Pappasito's years ago (like 14). Who knew one of my best friends would be wearing SAS shoes when I met her...okay, I was wearing them too, with a lovely polyester skirt and apron. Now we are social work sisters and life long friends.

She is wise and honest. Two of the many qualities you need in a friend. I hope she finds the success she is looking for. She deserves it!

1 comment:

Honorary Indian said...

I hope Brene realizes that she already has success.

I would have loved to have met her.

Next time. Especially if Paloma Blanca is involved.

:-)