Saturday, February 2, 2008

sick


Well, it started with Harrison throwing up. Jackson said it looked like a waterfall. Then Jackson got it and threw up into his trashcan. Now everyone knows that story because he loves to tell it.

When he was in the throws of a high fever (I was called home from Bunco) and he looked pale and pitiful I actually thought, "We need to call his mom. She would know what to do." Anyone else feel like that? I swear sometimes, I wonder how I am parent. I feel like I am still the girl with the cute mini-skirt outfit on from Express and the big, curly permed hair. But no, I am the mom to two sick boys and I have no idea how to help.

Then last night it was passed to the parents. Ugh! We both had it and had it bad. It is very hard to parent, be nice, and take care of your kids when you feel like crap. And it seems that the more space you need, the more they want you.

Today was better. By about 6pm tonight we actually felt normal. So, our date night tonight (kids too) included a trip to the pool store, donuts at Krispy Kreme, and a walk around the neighborhood. It was also a day of "firsts." Harrison and Jackson were both able to sit side by side in the grocery cart and Harrison never fell over (or out, if you remember that story). And Jackson and Harrison took a bath together tonight. Harrison stayed up-right for that too! He is getting big and finally his first tooth is starting to show. What an exciting weekend.

4 comments:

Honorary Indian said...

Omygoodness...are you guys feeling BETTER?

And, H. sitting ALL BY HIMSELF?? Where is the time going?

I can't stop thinking about you...and how you NEED to do a hot momma shoot with Maile...

Looking forward to Wednesday dinner!

XO.

Melody A. said...

Get better soon! Cherish those first and try not to moan over those yucks.

BB said...

you rocked those Express mini-skirts and I bet you still look hot when you're picking dried barf out of the boys' hair.

if you find that missing mother, let me know. love ya!

Unknown said...

Hope you're feeling better!! You're boys are so stinking cute!!