Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Big D







We went to Dallas for Spring Break to stay with Vanna and her boys. My boys, her boys, her house was filled with boys. 6 boys total and Vanna and I. Wow, how have our lives changed! I brought the cute outfits and the camera, I thought the pictures would come easy, I mean, no one is really crawling a ton but the great shot did not materialize. Oh well. We had tons of fun. She lives in the best neighborhood ever!!! We walked to breakfast two days in a row and walked to the park every day. One day we even walked to a Mexican restaurant to have margaritas. I've never pushed a stroller to have a drink, and then pushed one home a 1/2 mile, but let me tell you it is wonderful. Really, it was quite nice and it made my date that night (with Vanna and Jackson) much more enjoyable - we went to see Horton hears a Who! I am so impressed with Vanna and what a great mom she is...I am in awe of how well she handles twin boys. Jack and Nate are too cute for words but the work it takes is amazing. Seeing an old friend in "mom mode" is really neat when you remember how long we have known each other. We spent our 16th b-days together, so you know we have been friends a long time.
The trip there only took us about 5 1/2 hours; and that's with a 10 month old with a double ear infection and 2 day old pink eye and a 3.99 year old that went potty every 20 minutes (another blog post on that soon). The way home was much worse. The kids did fine but the trip took closer to 9 hours and this mama is super tired. My goal is to try to get the house back in order ASAP. I am kind of dreading this week, there is a ton going on. We've got Easter, karate, graduate school, book club, an award at a school board meeting, I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding, and Jackson's 4th b-day party. Don't you think that is a little too much for 7 days??? Wish me luck.

2 comments:

fictionmama said...

Here's the conversation going on in picture number 2:

Harrison: My mom's a little crazy. Is your mom crazy?

Jack: Crazy? You don't know crazy. The woman has me peeing on schedule.

Harrison: Yep. She's crazy

Yvette said...

Oh how wonderful to read about your visit. I haven't seen Vanna's boys since they were tiny. I miss you guys!