Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Cheer

Our Christmas fun started with Jackson's Tia Penny coming over on Christmas Eve, Eve. She got Jackson a dinosaur, book, and the boys matching PJs. She got me some fun make-up. It has never made sense to Jackson to call her "Tia Penny" so he has taken to calling her "Tiny Penny" and she is great with that too! This was Jackson's first gift. He loved it. (No Texas Chainsaw jokes please). After he opened it, we had to sing Happy Birthday to my mom and then to Baby Jesus. (Dont ask why.) Then following ever other gift opened, (the entire night) we had to clap and then repeat after him, "Everybody say, Great Job. Everybody say, Do Your Trick. Everybody say, Angel." We decided he is going to be a motivational speaker when he grows up.
Here we are together. Notice how Jackson has grabbed Harrison's hand, I think that is so cute. My parents were so generous, they got Shaun Omaha steaks, and me some new pots and pans and silverwear. There were also clothes, toys and fantastic stocking stuffers. Thanks Fey Family!


This is the next day. You should notice the dramatic change in picture quality. Yes, Santa got me a camera. Thank you Santa Shaun. I love it. My baby looks great!


My poor grandma fell a few days before Christmas. No broken bones, but she did need 10 stitches in her chin. My mom said maybe we should have played, "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" as she walked in, but we decided against it. Good decision, right?



Harrison loved the stuffed animal he got from Nana and Grampy. We loved all our gifts. They also got Jackson a dinosaur, a work bench and us a new rocking glider for the Harrison's room. Thank goodness, because Shaun broke the old one and nursing in the middle of the night was becoming a pain. Thank you Hedgepeths for the large variety of gifts, we are so glad that you came over for Christmas.






Here Jackson is discussing some issue. Notice the rocking chair. It was a gift from Tiny Penny and has been in her family since the late 1800s. I know, it is over 120 years old. I hope it lasts.




Our vacation has been great so far. The house is a disaster and I think that is normal following Christmas. I hope you all got your Christmas wishes and spent some fantastic time with your family. I got everything I wanted and more. Happy Holidays!




4 comments:

Melody A. said...

Dawn, you even got some DOF in that picture with Harrison by the tree. Great job. What kind of camera did you get?

And that picture of H with the toy at his mouth is just adorable. And I can hear Jackson talking in that picture of him telling a story.

Honorary Indian said...

I belly-laughed reading how you had to repeat after Jackson the same thing after you opened presents. What a hoot he is.

The boys are simply beautiful. Hurray for the new camera!!!

As for you...well, girlfriend, you are looking STUNNING in your holiday pics. Glowing, in fact. Hmmm....another Hedgepeth on the way?!

J/K!!!!

Seriously, you look radiant. So fashionable...and so incredibly happy.

We are all so truly blessed, aren't we?

I'm going to call you about that Dallas thing...I want you to GO!

BB said...

Love your Christmas post! Your new camera takes beautiful pics. I love your blog - it helps me feel connected to you and your family.

Happy New Year! Here's to seeing each other more often in 2008!

Anonymous said...

Wow..What a fantastic xmas you had!! The boys look so happy and YOU look great, love your silky purple top, Hot Mama!! Have a great New Years....