Friday, August 24, 2007

Summer is Over

How old is this guy? Looking at this picture I can see him in the future...a real surfer dude. It is like instead of looking a boy who is not even 3 1/2, I'm seeing a 8 year old.



*oops this is not the one I meant to upload, but I can't delete, the next one is the cuter one.

This is my cutie at the beach. Jackson and I were all by ourselves at the beach and we had the best time. Why does summer have to end?

This has been a tough week - I am back to work. Even though Harrison has been with either me, our close friend Penny, or Shaun, I still hate the thought of him not being with me full-time. All you stay at home moms, kiss your kids lots during the day. Even though I know I am a better mom for working, it doesn't make it any easier. I guess we all look around and think that the "grass is greener somewhere else." It is so important to stay in the moment and really relish what we have. Time goes by so fast, you hate to think that you spent it wishing you were someone else. That is why tonight was great. We all got in the pool together and had a blast. At one point a bird was really chirping and Jackson said, "mom, why is that bird barking so much?" Don't you just love that?


2 comments:

Honorary Indian said...

Great post and insights. You're right...I DON'T want to spend time wishing I was somewhere else or someone else when there's no other place (really!) I'd rather be than with my kids. You're awesome.

BB said...

As a parent of an 8-year old, I can confirm that Jackson does look like he's heading into 2nd or 3rd grade. I think it's the expression on his face . . . "I'm cool. I know." Back to the rhythm of the school year - it's comforting and anxiety-provoking all at the same time.