Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Birthdays







Today we celebrated two birthdays. My grandmother turned 89 today, and Shaun's dad, Max turned 71. We went to grandma's favorite restaurant - Red Lobster. We all had a great time, Harrison was good and Jackson did super (he did need to take everyone to see the lobsters in the tank). Check out the picture of Harrison all dressed up to go to Red Lobster.

I was also able to have some Dawn time and scrapbook. I only got a few pages done but it was still fun to spend time with Stephanie and start on Harrison's book. Here is a picture of our kids together. Her daughter, Bennett is about 8 weeks older than Jackson. They are wearing their matching "Future Prom King and Queen shirts."

Oh, and I got some mother guilt today. I was reading on line and it said that a mother should not watch TV and breastfeed because it is prime bonding time with her baby. So, I have broken through the barrier and committed to breastfeeding and now I am doing it wrong. I mean if I can't watch TV and breastfeed then how can I keep up with Entourage, Big Love or my new favorite show of "Jon and Kate plus 8" - watch it, you'll like it too. I am more enthralled with the relationship between the parents than the kids. It is on TLC.

Tonight Jackson was in the best mood. He did everything we asked on the first time. That's great for our 3 year old. Remind me of this tomorrow when we having one of our daily "meltdowns." Here is a picture of Jackson riding the train at the zoo this week - it is one of his favorite things to do.

1 comment:

Steph Hughes said...

Dawn, I love your blog and look forward to maybe starting my own. I had a great day yesterday scraping with you too! I love the picture of our babies. We are blessed!!!! Love, Stephanie