Sunday, July 4, 2010

bath in the sink




I have great memories of giving each of the boys a bath in the kitchen sink in our old house. I decided on a day Harrison and Jackson were watching Word Girl, I would do this with Max. I could take pictures and just enjoy the time with Max. I was wrong. There was no quiet time, no alone time with Max. As soon as Harrison walked into the kitchen for one of his endless snacks and saw what I was doing....it was all over. Both boys were naked behind me, climbing the sink, and all trying to get into the sink. Shaun was not home, so this was a bit of a challenge (as is all the things with three boys.) Oh well, this is the best I could do. I was so worried someone would slip off the counter, crush Max or get water everywhere. Yes, all of those did occur, no matter how much I tried to prevent it. But all survived!

3 comments:

Honorary Indian said...

The 3rd pic...the one with all 3 boys...is a shot you should FRAME!! And, of course, show at each of their weddings. What a great mom you are to allow them to "dive" into the moment. :-) xoxo

Brené Brown said...

oh, i love these. you are the bravest woman i know.

ps. is it me or does max look just like . . . max?

Yvette said...

Oh how cute. Three little monkeys playing in the sink! You are sooo FUN!!!! Love ya